Good evening! I know it’s already Tuesday, but I hope you all had a great weekend. Some highlights from my weekend: the Girls on the Run Wondergirl 5K was Saturday morning and it was so much fun! I volunteer with a group of 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders once a week after school and have really enjoyed my time with these girls. They all finished the entire 5K, some walked part of it, but everyone ran at least a mile. I’ve learned so much from these girls and had a blast running with them!
In addition to that, I participated in some celebratory events for the 20th anniversary of my sorority’s chapter at my alma mater. I also spent a lot of time being lazy around the house. I definitely should have gotten some stuff done around the house and for school, but I thoroughly enjoyed time on the couch catching up on my DVR 🙂
There has been a tag going around blog-land the last few days and I’m going to participate. No one specifically tagged me, which is no big deal because, let’s be honest, I’m not exactly a Consistent Cathy with this blog-thing 🙂 Luckily, Heather and Meghann put out an open invitation for others to share about themselves. Thanks, ladies!
Link the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links.
Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I was the 1994 Soap Box Derby Nebraska State champ (stock division). I got to go to the National Soap Box Derby championship in Akron, Ohio where I was eliminated in my first race. But I also got to go to a camp for a week and I had a great time meeting people from all around the country. I also attribute this camp as the time when I shed my shy-shell and became a lot more outgoing (I was 11). This is the closest picture I could find to what my car looked like:
2. I used to be terrified of dogs, but now I looooove my huge chocolate lab. (more details on this in a future post)
3. I was born in Blytheville, Arkansas and lived in Japan, Hawaii, Virginia, and North Dakota before moving to Nebraska at the age of 8. I’ve lived in St. Louis for 7.5 years and am moving back to Nebraska in about a month!
4. I am awful, awful, awful at sports that involve anything more than my running shoes.
5. I hate green beans.
6. I love American history, specifically pioneers.
7. I am mildly obsessed with the Rockettes. I have loved them since I was very young and still do. I visited Radio City Music Hall when I was in NYC a couple years ago and loved it. When the Christmas Spectacular came to St Louis while I was in college, my parents bought tickets for me and a couple friends. I had a HUGE smile on my face the entire time!! They are going to be here this year too and the TV commercial has been on twice since I started typing this! When I was captain of my high school dance team, I choreographed A LOT of kicklines into our routines. I just love a good kickline.
I think that’s it! If you haven’t shared 7 facts about yourself, please do!