Happy Thursday! I love Thursdays because there’s so much anticipation for the upcoming weekend 🙂
As I mentioned before, the Mr. and I are MOVING…which means we must sell our house (yikes!). Our house doesn’t need any major projects before it’s ready to sell, but it needs cleaned and de-cluttered. We started with the laundry room…the Mr. put up some extra shelving and tonight I cleaned and organized. My goal was to make it look like a page out of Real Simple magazine.
How’d I do??
It’s hard to get a pic because the room is really narrow. The room doubles as a mud room and is the entrance to the house from the garage…also right next to the kitchen so it needs to look functional. Another angle:
Next up, something else simple for my FIRST Blogger Secret Ingredient submittal.
I’m really not super creative in the kitchen, but I do love sweet potatoes, so here’s my creation:
Sweet Potato Nachos
Here’s what I did:
- sliced a sweet potato into “chips”
- sprayed chips with Olive Oil cooking spray and sprinkled with salt, pepper, and cayenne
- baked at 450 for about 15 minutes
- flipped and baked for another 10ish minutes
- topped each chip with a small scoop of vegetarian refried black beans and a few sprinkles of shredded cheese
- put the chips back in the oven for about 3 minutes- until cheese got melty
- topped each with some chipotle salsa
YUM! I don’t if this really counts as a recipe, but this was delicious and really fun to eat 🙂